Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day Watch



Apparently somewhere in eastern europe there are people making bad movies. Netflix alerted me that Day Watch would no longer be available to instant stream starting tomorrow. Man I should've just taken the hint and let it disappear. After viewing it, I wondered why it was in my queue to see that it was rated four stars. Movies on netflix with four stars should at least be decent. Oh well I won't write a lot about this one because the time I wasted would only add on to the two hours already blown.

Day Watch is your basic good vs. evil movie. The two powers are locked in a stalemate and evil is trying to start a war to bring on the destruction of pretty much anything. Each side has some random super powerful "agent" that if they ever fight, humanity will be the loser. Bummer. Also there is some magical chalk that you can rewrite your past with. Radical.

Main character is a guy named Anton. He is in love with the super powerful person on the good side and his son is the "great other" on the dark side. Now that's a sticky situation. He did a pretty lousy job. Weirdest part about this movie is that a ton of money was put into it. I think it's a really big deal in Russia. Day Watch is supposedly the second part of a trilogy. Yikes.

Rating: This movie gets two stars for the two hot russian women in it. Without them it would be way worse. I think I should forget the movie and just review them. I think I liked the brunette more than the blonde which is strange because that's usually not the case. She even had short hair which I'm not that into but she way hot. The blonde was very nice too but her acting hurt my head.

Best Scene: Nothing very good. Lots of CGI explosions. The brunette did a good job in her last scene. She was crying, I wanted to cheer her up. That's all.

Quotes: These two guys "I shall control the fate of the world..." "But you can't even control your own fate. "
Two more guys "Uncle Zavulon, why are we the Dark Ones?" "Imperfections are hidden in darkness, Yegor. And people always have their imperfections."

Stills:







nice

Trailer

No comments: