Friday, February 19, 2010

Sick Nurses



Director : Piraphan Laoyant
Starring : Wichan Jarujinda
2007

This movie should be renamed "Hot Nurses". In all honesty, that is the only thing Sick Nurses has going for it. A bunch of hot Thai chicks running around in nurse outfits. That is why instead of reviewing this terrible excuse for a movie, I will be reviewing the girls.

First girl is Tawan. She is killed off right at the beginning of the film and comes back as a ghost to kill the rest of them. That's the movies plot. I know. I ranked her second to last on the hot list and boy was i happy when they reveal that she is a post op dude. I'm pretty sure it was an actual chick who was acting, they just made the twist into what it is, but my radar was still strong on this one.

Next is Nook. She may be the main antagonist along the doctor. She was at the bottom of the hot list. Something about her just didn't click with me. Again my radar was strong. She ends up to be pregnant the whole time and killed her sister/brother/ghost it thing.

Of course there are a pair of twins in this movie and they tie for second hottest. I think they might have made out a little in the beginning and if so not cool, not hot. I wasn't really paying attention to the first few minutes so maybe not. Both girls have cute faces and goof around. One of them turns out to be the only one who was against killing tawan so good for her.

I don't remember the name of one of the girls but I referred to her as wild card while watching this. Sometimes she looked like the hottest chick but then in other scenes, I wasn't into her at all. That forces me to leave her in the middle of the list. I saw her throw up, that was one of the bad scenes. I forgot about lipstick woman. She lands in the middle too. She is really good looking but has a terrible personality. Oh ya I care about that.

I saved the hottest chick for last. She was killed off second which was kind of a bummer but she still had her fair share or screen time. Most of that time was spent working out and her body was kickin'. Also she had a shower scene but remained fully clothed? I guess they don't allow nudity in Thailand but people showering with clothes on is way more messed up then being naked in my mind. It's just not normal. What is all of Thailand at summer camp and just showers in their bathing suits? Another thing is the shower had a curtain but she left it completely open. Water got everywhere! Why have a curtain and not use it? Like I said, way messed up.

Rating Two stars. Sick Nurses was only a hour and 22 minutes long so I didn't have to sit through it too long. The hospital was full of babes but the Thai accent is not attractive at all and is certainly a turn off. The "ghost" or whatever it is was in no way scary at all. Possibly the crappiest looking boogyman of all time. There were a few pretty gnarly death scenes and the ending was weirddddddd. Other than these things though the movie sucked. For being so short, I still felt like it dragged. They kept switching between fake blood and cgi blood, the whole thing just looked corny. Hot exotic babes alone won't make a good movie.

Best Scene Tie! The ending which I sort of already said but left out something huge was good. The other scene that ruled was wild cards death. She gets trapped in a room which door has been replaced by a wall. Next thing you know the ghost shows up and mushes a bunch of razor blades in her mouth. After screaming and bleeding her lower jaw falls off. A fetus from a jar suddenly jumps out at her, slams itself into the giant whole where her chin should be, kills her and rekills itself.
Honorable mention : The twins death for sheer brutality.


Quotes

If you choose to watch this movie, it's not because you want to her rich dialogue. Jus Sayin.

Stills:











Trailer

No comments: