Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blindness



Director : Fernando Meirelles
Starring : Mark Ruffalo, Julianne Moore, Danny Glover
2008

This movie should have been called Blindness: The Movie That is so Bad, You Wish You Couldn't See. I have seen a good amount of bad movies in my day, so for me not to be able to finish one means it must really blow. That's what we get with the movie Blindness. Some time in the not to distant future, people are randomly going blind. First some asian guy driving home, then the guy who steals the asian guys car, then the eye doctor who the asian guy visits and so on. What the movie never does is explain why the blindness plague starts or is passed on. They may actually have but after an hour of just not caring anymore, I just skipped to the end. Spoiler alert that doesn't even matter because you shouldn't see this but anyway they magically get their vision back in the end. That is never explained either. I don't really feel that it's necessary to tell you anymore.

Rating : 1 star. Usually if a movie knows it's, bad I'll cut it some slack. Blindness is a movie full of people you probably know and a director who has done a good amount of projects. First starters, I never once felt like they were blind but that they were just doing a crappy job pretending. Ruffalo is an average actor when surrounded by a good cast and he was really bad with these clowns. Julianne Moore is crying all movie and a crying ginger is no pretty sight. She also becomes the only person in the world who retains her sight which is another unexplained plot hole (unless it happens in the last 45 minutes that I skipped again). This movie actually sounded like it could be cool, to me at least. Did I also mention that I think i remember Mark Ruffalo cheated on Julianne Moore while in the blind camp. He cheats on the only woman left in the world who still has the eyes that can catch him. Ok player. Blindness is a suckfest.

Best Scene : Hah yeah right. When the ward/camp of all the blind people turned into total anarchy and some thugs took control of all the food, ya that was a great idea. Soooo badddd.

Quotes :
"I'm blind"

Screens :






trailer

No comments: