Saturday, March 6, 2010

Observe and Report



Director : Jody Hill
Starring : Seth Rogen, Ray Liotta, Anna Faris
2009

Observe and report is one of those movies where you see the trailer and say to yourself "that looks kind of funny" but then never really think of again. It was on demand, I had some free time, and other than funny people Seth Rogen makes me laugh. Well this movie blew. I "chuckled" a few times but never really even had a full laugh. Aziz Ansari was funny in all of his scenes but there were only three of them. Anna Faris who can be funny at times was just annoying. Liotta played a slimeball cop and I'm not sure if he saw a script before signing onto this because he's better than that. Well at least he used to be. The only good thing about this movie was Nell. I don't think I have seen her before so she must play in a lot of chick flicks or is just new. Who knows? I'll look into it for the sake of the blog. The fact is was much better looking than Faris all movie. That was maybe the most frustrating thing about this movie, if it was me I would've gotten with Nell by like the third day at latest and called it a movie.

Rating : 1.5 stars. This might be harsh because I don't really remember what I rated some other crappy movies but oh well. Observe and report was one of the most predictable movies you have will ever see. Most comedy movies are similar though so this wouldn't have been such big of a deal if it actually had some COMEDY. Aziz and the hot/nice chick get 1.5 stars, everyone else gets nothing. I didn't mention there is also a lot of fat guy tiny dong in this. I am sorry that I saw enough of it to be that descriptive.

Quotes
Aziz "Why the fuck would I want to blow up the Chick-fil-A? It's fucking delicious!"
Rogen "Let me ask you something - how much did they get paid to storm Normandy, how much did King Arthur get paid to kill Merlin, how much did they get paid to invent Television? Nothing. They did it because they knew it was right."

Best Scene There is no best scene but I was surprised to see Danny McBride show up. It was a good surprise because he was pretty funny for his 45 seconds on the screen.

Screens










Trailer

No comments: